With a ton of celebrities wearing this women’s shoe trend, the gladiator sandal is by far the fastest must-have shoe of the season.
In keeping with the brand new theme that came out on 2007s runways, there has been “an insane love” for Roman sandals and gladiator boots/shoes “both on the town and the catwalk”, according US Weekly.
Gladiator wearing celebrities such as Paris Hilton, Jessica Simpson, Lauren Conrad, Mary.Kate Olsen, Jessica Alba & Hilary Duff have also had a huge effect on making gladiators the hottest item this summer. In fact, according to the US Weekly edition summer 2008, “Nearly every famous celeb in Hollywood has been seen wearing gladiators……from big chunky platform heels to the casual criss-cross flats.”
On the topic of gladiators, online upmarket retailer ShoeBuy warns to “Be ready for a full-scale Gladiator Shoe invasion” in its recent magazine article “Shoe Searching”. According to ShoeBuy & Zappos, gladiators “pour out trendy appeal and no vacation is complete without a pair this summer.”
Gladiator Sandals / Gladiator Shoes
Hailed as one of the worst shoe trends of 2007, 2008 sees a new turn on the gladiator style with more sophisticated and finer detailing. Dainty straps and accessories and more feminine styling make them more practical. Just one look at elegant gladiator sandals is more then enough to change the minds those who are not to into the trend.
Part of the problem to the trend of last year was the look of the rough and touch style of the sandal, unless you were long like a runway model and had the long legs to go with it. Despite this, according to the Shoe Source, many shoes are increasingly wild and crazy-looking versions – including some very expensive, knee-high trends.
Super-duty styles have come into play for Summer with gladiator boots and chunky platform styles. Some look as if they have just stepped out from the movie set with Russel Crowe. ShoeBuy describes these as “Highly Disgusting” but love a more feminine version from others. Even more crazy, looking like a pair of biker boots, the Marc Jacobs Gladiator boot, sure to be a gem with the Harley Burnouts.
Now, women’s shoe designers have made out on the gladiator theme by providing more than hundreds of choices. There are styles unlimited hitting the streets , so even the most conservative of women can sink their toe into the style. Rather then wearing skinny-strapped thongs, strappy gladiator styles are fast changing them as the shoe of the summer.
What to Wear With Gladiator Sandals
- A pedicure is an mandatory accompaniment to any gladiator sandal or gladiator shoe.
- Increased feminine styles have greater wear abilility and can work with any summer dress and this season’s drapey type dresses. Also wear them with hangy smocks and slim-fit denim jeans, or summer short shorts and caftans for the beach time.
- Chunky, more manly styles look perfect with jeans, or mini skirts and shorts, as long as you have the nice legs for them.
- Metallic or more detailed, gladiators will take you from the beach sand to bar.
- Smaller frames with chunky legs should not wear any of the more heavy thick sandals and gladiator shoes and boots and go for something more feminine. browns & blacks also have the effect of making legs look thicker and shorter. Go for metallics and shinies to slim them down.
Gladiator Shoes, Gladiator Sandals, Gladiator Boots – The newest Hottest trend.
The best and quickest way to be on trend this season is to be seen wearing a pair of gladiators. But, before you become a fashion mess, choose wisely. Make sure you purchase a style that is flattering to your body style, serving to make your legs look longer rather than fatten and shorten them.